Check out helpful information, maps, and timelines to ensure you have a safe and seamless race start experience.
Please note that all information is subject to change.
It’s time to shine, inspire others and have fun! Happy Girls make up an inclusive community of women that supports fitness, positive self-image and—most importantly—each other. Happy Girls Run courses are challenging and offer something for everyone! Time and again, we hear from runners what a fun course it was!!
This scenic course along the river will take you over challenging dirt trails, groomed paths and paved roads through beautiful Spokane, WA.
The 5K is about a 50/50 mix of trails and pavement. There are no technical sections to this course. We would certainly say it’s rolling though…there isn’t a lot of flat on this course as you can see from the elevation guide below. Remember that 5K’s are awesome (as affirmed by Lauren Fleshman in the June 2014 issue of Runner’s World!), so we say just do it!
The Ride With GPS app is free to download. You can send your course maps to your iPhone or Android, and have the ability to view your exact location on the course. Visit ridewithgps.com to set up account and for more details.
There are seven aid stations on the half marathon course, not including the start and finish line. There is one aid station on the 5k course and two on the 10k course. All aid station volunteers are provided by Create Your Statement so please say thanks when you run by!
Adventure Medics believes in providing medical services that go beyond the status quo.
Whether covering an event, supporting wildland fire operations or providing training to the public or medical professionals they like to do things a little different.
Because they have a unique advantage of being on site as a pre-positioned resource, Adventure Medics can emphasize safety and institute preventative measures to stop injuries and medical emergencies before they occur.
Should an emergency happen the staff of EMTs, paramedics and doctors are properly equipped and possess the experience to deal with the unique challenges that come with remote medical operations. Adventure Medics believes in high quality equipment and continuous training to ensure that we can field one of the most prepared medical response teams you can find.
www.advmedics.com | 541-639-9993
For ADA accommodations, contact Luke Larsen:
541-323-0964 | email@example.com
Saturday, September 17 | Mukogawa Ft. Wright Institute Campus
Our Happy Girls post race celebration features beer, cocktails, delicious catered food, inspiring music and good times with your fellow runners. Bring a change of clothes and plan to stay for a bit on the parade grounds at the beautiful Mukogawa Ft. Wright Institute Campus to revel in your achievements!
During the awards ceremony, prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall and masters (age 40+) winners in the 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon. Ribbons will also be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for all age groups. Come to the merchandise/awards tent to pick up your ribbons!
Check in with the timer and receive a special Happy Girls ticket which includes with your printed race time!
Enjoy the post-race party, catch up with friends and fellow runners and cheer on those racers coming in! Awards ceremony will follow!
Girls’ Night Out – Expo & Packet Pickup Party
Riverside Place | Friday, Sept. 16, 2022 | 3-7 pm
Grab the girls for the Girls’ Night Out – Expo & Packet Pickup Party at Riverside Place in Spokane, WA! Mingle with fellow racers, enjoy a tasty beverage from 10 Barrel, hors d’oeuvres, and pick up your bib and swag bag. Friends and family are able to pick up your packet (make sure they have your race confirmation).
You can also pick up your packet on race day. Participants will be able to receive their packet one hour before their race start time.
Bag drop location will be at the start/finish area ext to the merchandise tent. Be sure to attach the provided bag drop tag and include: NAME, PHONE NUMBER and BIB NUMBER. You can recover your bag after you have finished the race.
***Avoid leaving valuables in your bag. We are not responsible for lost or damaged items.
The event will be timed by Eclectic Edge Racing. All distances will be timed using a disposable timing transponder, commonly known asa “bib tag” that will be embedded in your race number. Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Do not bend, fold, expose to heat, crinkle or otherwise modify your race bib as this will cause your tag to malfunction.
- Wear your race bib on the front of your shirt, on the outermost layer of clothing. Not wearing the bib properly at all times during the race may prevent you from being timed, therefore, not show in the results.
- Bibs can only be transferred by going through the formal transfer process at packet pickup. Be careful not to switch with friends, family or others. This is not simply to assure the time is assigned to the correct person. It is critical that we have the correct names assigned to the correct people racing for safety reasons.
- Make sure you cross the timing points at the start and finish of the race.
Four Fundamental Rules for Racers
- No Littering. Nada. We’re committed to this. If you’re caught tossing away that bit of gel pouch you ripped off as you were running down the trail, you’ll be disqualified. No exceptions. We are lucky to be running in an inspiring, beautiful place. It’s about respecting Mother Nature and the others using the trails behind you!
- Be Kind, Please. Be kind to your fellow runners – no matter what your goals are for the race – and be kind to the event staff and volunteers. Love and Respect – Please and Thank You. It all starts with us. Cheers.
- Stay On Course. Please stay on sidewalks or within the coned boundaries. If you are caught in the streets where sidewalks are available, you will be disqualified. There will be course marshals enforcing this on course.
- Choose Fun! This is your chance to thrive. If it ain’t fun, then why do it?