The race start/finish area is located in Sisters, Oregon at the FivePine Lodge & Resort.
The Happy Girls Sisters half marathoners will enjoy spectacular single track beginning and ending at FivePine Lodge (at an elevation of 3182 feet). The course weaves through the Deschutes National Forest offering stunning views and rolling terrain amongst the Ponderosa pines. There will be some elevation change and some climbing in the beginning, so come ready for a challenge. Sections of the trail are narrow and rocky.
10K course description coming soon!
The 5K is all on pavement and winds through downtown Sisters. The course is relatively flat, so expect fast times!
Temperatures can get very cool (cold in the early morning) during the fall, so it may be wise to dress in layers and don’t forget the gloves!
Happy Girls Run Sisters half marathon runners discover the single-track dirt trails and rolling hills of the Peterson Ridge Trail System.
5K runners will road race through scenic downtown Sisters, OR. All will meet at the beautiful FivePine Lodge to celebrate their accomplishments.
There are three on the half marathon course, not including the start and finish line. There is one aid station on the 5K course. Aid stations will be fully supplied with water, GU Brew and GU gels.
Adventure Medics believes in providing medical services that go beyond the status quo.
Whether covering an event, supporting wildland fire operations or providing training to the public or medical professionals they like to do things a little different.
Because they have a unique advantage of being on site as a pre-positioned resource, Adventure Medics can emphasize safety and institute preventative measures to stop injuries and medical emergencies before they occur.
Should an emergency happen the staff of EMTs, paramedics and doctors are properly equipped and possess the experience to deal with the unique challenges that come with remote medical operations. Adventure Medics believes in high quality equipment and continuous training to ensure that we can field one of the most prepared medical response teams you can find.
www.advmedics.com | 541-639-9993
For ADA accommodations, contact Luke Larsen:
541-323-0964 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, October 28 | Five Pine Lodge
All races finish back at the FivePine Lodge and Conference Center. Catch your breath, grab some water and look for the food tent, where you’ll find coffee, cocktails and an amazing spread, including hot soup (just what you’ve been waiting for!)
Check in with the timer and receive a special Happy Girls ticket which includes with your printed race time!
Enjoy the post-race party, catch up with friends and fellow runners and cheer on those racers coming in! Awards ceremony will follow!
We are offering several different days and times for packet pick-up this year.
Friday, Oct 27 – Girls Night Out Expo and packet pick up at FivePine from 4-7pm.
You can also pick up your packet on race day. Participants will be able to receive their packet one hour before their race start time.
Bag drop location will be at the start/finish area. Be sure to attach the provided bag drop tag and include: NAME, PHONE NUMBER and BIB NUMBER. You can recover your bag after you have finished the race.
***Avoid leaving valuables in your bag. We are not responsible for lost or damaged items.
The event will be timed by Eclectic Edge Racing. All distances will be timed using a disposable timing transponder, commonly known asa “bib tag” that will be embedded in your race number. Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Do not bend, fold, expose to heat, crinkle or otherwise modify your race bib as this will cause your tag to malfunction.
- Wear your race bib on the front of your shirt, on the outermost layer of clothing. Not wearing the bib properly at all times during the race may prevent you from being timed, therefore, not show in the results.
- Bibs can only be transferred by going through the formal transfer process at packet pickup. Be careful not to switch with friends, family or others. This is not simply to assure the time is assigned to the correct person. It is critical that we have the correct names assigned to the correct people racing for safety reasons.
- Make sure you cross the timing points at the start and finish of the race.
Four Fundamental Rules for Racers
- No Littering. Nada. We’re committed to this. If you’re caught tossing away that bit of gel pouch you ripped off as you were running down the trail, you’ll be disqualified. No exceptions. We are lucky to be running in an inspiring, beautiful place. It’s about respecting Mother Nature and the others using the trails behind you!
- Be Kind, Please. Be kind to your fellow runners – no matter what your goals are for the race – and be kind to the event staff and volunteers. Love and Respect – Please and Thank You. It all starts with us. Cheers.
- Stay On Course. Please stay on sidewalks or within the coned boundaries. If you are caught in the streets where sidewalks are available, you will be disqualified. There will be course marshals enforcing this on course.
- Choose Fun! This is your chance to thrive. If it ain’t fun, then why do it?
There is very limited parking available at FivePine Lodge and Conference Room on race day. Please do not park in front of the Sisters Athletic Club. Parking is reserved for club members only.