About Happy Girls Bend
Why run Happy Girls Bend?
We’ve got an all-new course for 2022!
Grab your bestie and take in the beauty of Central Oregon as you embark on a tour of majestic scenery. You’ll be well-supported with multiple aid stations, medics and helpful event staff to make your day all about you and achieving your personal goals.
Don’t forget we’ve added a virtual option too!
Don’t want to travel? Feel more comfortable running on your own? Friends and family from afar can join in the Happy Girls spirit virtually! Race tee and and medal included in every entry.
We love to spoil you!
Featuring out-of-this-world goody bags, cute t-shirts, cozy sweatshirts and lots of Happy Girls athletic wear too, it’s not just about the finisher’s medal (although that’s so cool too!)
Happy Girls is all about embracing every woman’s fitness level. We believe that running is a way to achieve personal goals while overcoming fears and obstacles. Let’s go ladies!.
Don’t forget to check out our Happy Girls activewear collection. We’ve put together some super cute must-haves based on feedback from Happy Girls Runners!
Apparel, Prizes & Swag
Happy Girls Race Hoody
New design for 2022!
These uber-soft fleecy hoodies are great for pulling on post-race to stop any chill from setting in. The fit is just oh-so-right!
$50 at event
Order when registering (for pick up at event)
Happy Girls Bend Race Tee
Check out our new design for 2022!
A soft short-sleeved race tee, perfect for repping your race.
$25 at event
All 5K, 10K and half-marathon runners receive a custom-designed Happy Girls commemorative medal. Get a look at our 2022 design!
Stuff you get just for being a Happy Girls Bend participant!
New for 2022 – for 5K & 10K finishers only!
Happy Girls Bend Hat
The perfect hat for all your adventures!
Half Marathon finisher prize will be revealed soon!
Are you a pro at the 5K and really love to fly? Are you a mover and a shaker at the half? We’ve got a competitive field of runners who are out for the gold.
Come test your mettle – you’ll love our exciting courses!
1st, 2nd & 3rd place overall and masters winners in each event receive a sweet gift bag that includes a free entry to next year’s race!
Go for the Trifecta! NEW FOR 2022 - 5K Trifecta!
Compete in the Bend, Spokane & Sisters Happy Girls Run Half Marathons or 5K runs and be awarded a very special Trifecta Prize!
Complete all three in-person Half Marathons or 5K races— Bend, Spokane & Sisters
Trifecta prize awarded following race in Sisters, OR
Travel & Lodging
Host Hotel – Best Western Premier Peppertree Inn
Best Western Premier Peppertree Inn at Bend will surprise and delight you with the best of the Premier brand. From daily breakfast available and free WiFi to our own ZPizza Tap Room restaurant in-house, we’ve got all the essentials you love. Best of all, our convenient location in Bend, OR puts you close to the majestic Mount Bachelor and Oregon State University’s new Cascades campus.
Special Offer – Just for Happy Girls
Book a room using the link below to save 25% – just for being a Happy Girls Bend runner!
Host City – Bend, Oregon
Welcome to beautiful Bend!
This mountain town is filled with not only great people, but a variety of trails, breweries, parks and more!
Be sure to explore what the area has to offer during your time in town. Plan you perfect trip into town and check out all that Bend has to offer at Visit Bend.
Pick up your packet on Friday, May 20 at FootZone Bend. Times will be announced soon.
You can also pick up your packet on race day. Participants will be able to receive their packet one hour before their race start time.
More details and availability coming soon.
The event will be timed by Eclectic Edge Racing. All distances will be timed using a disposable timing transponder, commonly known asa “bib tag” that will be embedded in your race number. Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Do not bend, fold, expose to heat, crinkle or otherwise modify your race bib as this will cause your tag to malfunction.
- Wear your race bib on the front of your shirt, on the outermost layer of clothing. Not wearing the bib properly at all times during the race may prevent you from being timed, therefore, not show in the results.
- Bibs can only be transferred by going through the formal transfer process at packet pickup. Be careful not to switch with friends, family or others. This is not simply to assure the time is assigned to the correct person. It is critical that we have the correct names assigned to the correct people racing for safety reasons.
- Make sure you cross the timing points at the start and finish of the race.
Four Fundamental Rules for Racers
- No Littering. Nada. We’re committed to this. If you’re caught tossing away that bit of gel pouch you ripped off as you were running down the trail, you’ll be disqualified. No exceptions. We are lucky to be running in an inspiring, beautiful place. It’s about respecting Mother Nature and the others using the trails behind you!
- Be Kind, Please. Be kind to your fellow runners – no matter what your goals are for the race – and be kind to the event staff and volunteers. Love and Respect – Please and Thank You. It all starts with us. Cheers.
- Stay On Course. Please stay on sidewalks or within the coned boundaries. If you are caught in the streets where sidewalks are available, you will be disqualified. There will be course marshals enforcing this on course.
- Choose Fun! This is your chance to thrive. If it ain’t fun, then why do it?
Train Like a Mother Club
Whether you’re a beginning runner or have a wall of race bling, the Train Like a Mother Club can help you nail your Happy Girls race in fist-pumping style!
With a range of comprehensive, effective training plans—from a walk-run 5K up to a crush-the-distance half-marathon program—plus expert, accessible coaches and support + community in spades, the Train Like a Mother Club will ensure your training (and race) are strong, solid, and fulfilling.
WHY SHOULD YOU TRAIN LIKE A MOTHER?
Sure, you can grab a random, free plan on the Internet, but here’s what you’ll be missing:
★ A swag bag loaded with $30 worth of training essentials, including socks, a tube of Nuun, + more
★ Accessible, hands-on coaching to get you over any training speed bumps; no question is too basic or TMI.
★ An engaged community of like-minded teammates that provide miles of inspiration and motivation—and the occasional gentle push out the door.
★ Weekly newsletters + webinars to enhance your training knowledge—and performance on race day.